February 2010 – March 2012 (2 years 1 month)
For the PepsiCo and P&G / Gillette businesses, contributed to new product launches and commercial innovations for the Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Starbucks Ready-to-Drink Beverages, Gillette MACH3, Prestobarba / Blue, and Gillette Guard brands by:
• Devising digital coupon plan for new Starbucks RTD beverage launch;
• Crafting 2012 communication strategy for Mountain Dew to grow business among multicultural consumers;
• Collaborating on new business strategies and new initiatives on existing pieces of business based on uncovered insights into consumer behaviors for Starbucks Frappuccino and other PepsiCo products;
• Working with P&G strategists and product development teams to devise new product concepts for future MACH3 product innovation based on consumer insights;
• Presenting at global Gillette planners conference to inject new thinking into creative development process;
• Helping develop communication strategy recommendations for Gillette’s 2014 World Cup initiative;
• Collaborating on Gillette brand architecture modeling to clearly delineate each razor brand’s communication and positioning, ensuring effective, target-based ideas and executions;
• Leading brief creation, creative development, copy testing, and production for 2011 MACH3 commercial innovation, creating the first MACH3 commercial to qualify in LINK testing in multiple markets;
• Helping develop creative brief and leading creative development and production for MACH3 value-based initiative for Latin America and Central/Eastern Europe;
• Participating in research and interpreting findings to help develop and lead production for insightful creative leading to successful MACH3 Sensitive launch in Latin America, India, and Central/Eastern Europe, delivering over 120% on expectations;
June 2008 – February 2010 (1 year 9 months)
• Guiding creative development from strategic angle for premium systems and overseeing development on regional level in Latin America for specific MACH3 and Prestobarba3 campaigns for Gillette’s 2010 World Cup activation;
• Immersing in multiple rounds of product concept testing, creative development, and copy testing and refinement over a multi-year new product initiative to successfully launch the Gillette Guard for low-income consumers in India;
• Uncovering consumers’“reasons to run” insight for New Balance while creating US athletic shoe competitive analysis;
• Compiling and presenting in-depth global competitive reviews covering all Emerging Markets to analyze threats and opportunities for future initiatives;
• Proposing and seeing implementation of new intra-agency file-sharing system to increase efficiency by streamlining department connectivity;
• Helping coordinate creative development, interpret copy testing and provide recommendations, and oversee regional augmentative creative development to ensure executions were on strategy, including Women Against Lazy Stubble campaign in India (winning a Cannes Silver Lion in PR), as part of global relaunch of the MACH3 brand;
• Assisting during creative development process to uncover insights on male social interactions and female attention, delivering sales over forecast for global Prestobarba3/Blue3 commercial innovation;
• Helping develop, test, and interpret findings on product concepts for prototype entry-level system razor;
• Putting together case studies on brands with notable environmental programs to help inform and guide Gillette disposables green initiative.
Department of Advertising, University of Florida
January 2008 – May 2008 (5 months)
Managed eight other students conducting a research effort to better understand students’ and professors’ uses of social networking sites in order to develop relevant supplemental online materials for advertising classes nationwide.
August 2007 – December 2007 (5 months)
For a capstone advertising course, developed a business-winning, national, fully-integrated marketing communications plan for Wholly Guacamole - “It’s Healthy to Have Fun.” Led or played an integral part in all aspects of the campaign, including secondary and primary research, strategic planning, creative development, and media/communications planning.
Speakers Committee Director
April 2007 – May 2008 (1 year 2 months)
In charge of bringing in professional speakers to bi-weekly meetings for our organization.
Ad Society is the University of Florida's chapter of the AAF. We have over 200 members - one of the largest chapters in the country.
September 2006 – May 2007 (9 months)
Responsible for designing newsletter and other materials in revamping Sustainable Alachua County’s look, leading to a successful showing at its Campus and Community Sustainability Conference. Also contributed to a campaign for the UF baseball team in an effort to draw more students to games, kicking off the season with a successful event for students.
May 2007 – July 2007 (3 months)
Managed and produced materials for Capital City Harley-Davidson’s Birthday Bash campaign, resulting in the largest single day sales in the company’s history. Handled and produced materials for many other accounts in areas including real estate and automotive sectors.
Assistant to Media Director
May 2005 – August 2005 (4 months)
Compiled research for Florida Department of Health Sexual Violence campaign, including statewide statistics and media rates, and managed contacts for various media outlets. Also helped switch office to digital backup of press clippings.